Thursday, April 29, 2010

MY FAVICON!!!! Finally I get my own favicon!! X)

I have tried several time to have my own favicon and today I FINALLY get it!!!!!!

A favicon [fav-eye-con] (short for favorites icon) is a website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon associated with a particular website or webpage.


The enlarge picture of my favicon:


My original favicon suppose to be this:-

Don't know why I can't upload this image...
But I still love my current favicon! =) X) =D XD


Now, let me share with you my steps of having my own favicon. =)
ONLY 12 simple steps!!!

1) Enter this site: http://www.iconj.com/login.php.


2) Sign up an account and verify your e-mail (Note: Don't use xxx@hotmail.com and xxx@live.com to sign up for the account because the service providers rejected the verification email.) to log in succesfully.

3) After you log in, check out the bar menu at the side and click the 'My Upload Favicon' under thw icon management section.


4) You'll see a section where you can upload your icon that you had design. When you design you favicon, please ensure that the size is a perfect square(16 x 16, 32 x 32 or 100 x 100 pixels). You can zoom in to make you designation job easier but do always view it in actual size to overlook the image. Ensure your image is save in GIF/PNG/JPG/BMP/ICO/TIFF format and the file size is less than 1MB.

5) Save it after you upload it successfully.


6) Then, you can get your code by clicking 'My Favicon Code' at the sidebar under the account profile section.

7) Select everything in the box and copy it (ctr+c / command+c).



8) Log into you blogger account. Enter the edit HTML site under the layout section and follow the 4 simple steps as below:~
i) Download your full template before you paste in the code. If you accidentally edit some of your HTML/CSS code, you can restore it by uploading it.

ii) Paste in the code before ''. If you are using the old classic Blogger template instead of the New Blogger xml template, go to blogger.com (Dashboard) > template > Edit HTML and look for <$BlogMetaData$> and paste the favicon codes immediately after <$BlogMetaData$>.

iii) Preview it to ensure your setting correct.


iv) Save your template and you're done! XD


With just 12 simple steps, you can have your own favicon. Thus, what are you waiting for????
Click this link: http://www.iconj.com/login.phpnow and have your own favicon!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

No comments: